I’m supposed to do a hundred things for uni, but I’m treating myself some extra days of vacation instead. Probably sounds familiar to the most of you.
Anyways, today was a lovely day for the following reasons:
- My love, Robin and I had late breakfast while the sun was shining through the big living room windows, flooding the apartment with a warm glow (I should have taken a photo of that, damn).
- The first thing I did this morning was to run to said windows and open them, in order to inhale the clear morning air and talk to the sheep across from us. I adore them and finally came up with names for the two little lambs today: Pedrito Camilo and Bubble. (Yes, I’m that crazy – but mostly only in the presence of my love. Though I’m working on showing my real face more often :P)
- Then we went shopping and returned with four heavy bags of grocery (the way back up the hill almost killed my love) – healthy food for the next few days when my German blogger friend Karina visits us. <3
- Talking about food, the meals today were delicious. Lunch consisted of amazing hummus made by my dear friend Milli, bell pepper and my favourite bread. And for dinner, Robin, my love and I made mashed potatoes. Way too much, I haven’t moved from the couch since then, but luscious and creamy. You have to make it with a food processor once, the result is amazing (if your food processor can take it)!
- After lunch I abstained from napping; instead, my love and I went to the forest. I wanted to stroll around with him, taking photos of him and my environment. Well, we lost each other after ten minutes.
I’ll never say “you can go ahead” again.While I spent the next hour wandering around taking photos he was frantically looking for me – it was his first time up there. Oops. He didn’t have his phone with him and had no idea how to get back. Luckily we found each other before it got dark and managed to take my self-portrait in time, too. All’s well that ends well.
- I’ve been constantly listening to Sia’s songs since yesterday and I love her!! Can’t stop dancing and singing, she’s giving me an endless amount of energy. Coffee and naps are overrated, Sia is the real thing.
- It’s finally started to snow this evening and I hope everything will be white tomorrow :))
Maybe it sounds like a normal, boring day to you. But these simple things fill me with so much joy. I’ve had exciting times in foreign countries. They are amazing and enriching, but what’s better than being happy with your everyday life as well?
Photographers always joke about everyone walking around taking photos of flowers after buying their first camera. I was no exception, that’s how I got into photography two years ago. Then I focused on portraits, took some photos while traveling – but totally neglected strolling around and taking photos of little details in nature.
So you could say that I’m taking a step back with these forest photos, but I don’t care. I’m by no means satisfied with today’s result, but there’s no shame is sharing the journey, right? I want to learn how to capture the essence of the forest, hopefully I’ll get better gradually :)
Do let me know what you think! I’d love to hear your opinion and am open for constructive criticism :) Have a wonderful week, my loves! x